Jan 25, 2013

The Color that is French Enamel

I must say that I went outside of my comfort zone a bit with my latest project.  I generally stick to lighter colors, but I was so drawn to Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint in French Enamel.  The blue comes out quite vibrant. 

I've had this 1970ish dry sink for a while waiting for the lightbulb to go off. 




I finally pulled it inside from the FREEZING garage to do something with it....and there staring at me from my paint stash was this blue....so, off I went.

As usual, I get so involved in the job that I don't take pictures during the process...I'll have to talk my hubby into doing it for me (with me doing the final editing!! )

The paint went on rather smoothly. After applying a second coat after about 30 minutes or so, I let it sit overnight for a good chipping experience.  Let me add that overnight for me is from about 3:00 - 8:30 a.m....sleep is not my friend!

As soon as I got up, I grabbed my sanding sponge and went to it!  I put on a couple of coats of clear wax and she is done!




I love how the copper liner pops against the blue!


 
 
 
 
 
We took this to the shop over the weekend and as we were bringing it in, my other MMS piece was going out!  :) 

Have I said lately that I love this paint? 


Susan
 
 
 
Linking this post to:
 
 


 

 

2 comments:

  1. so much more character now!

    visiting via miss mustard seed and would love to have you stop by when you have a moment.

    happy weekend to you.

    michele

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes, You Just Need to Look Past the Ugly....

Many, many times I will buy the most ugliest piece at auction - then be amused by the looks I get as I proudly walk out with my "prize...